While I won’t be home until late tonight, my vacation has pretty much come to an end. I’d like to give a big FBOTU thanks to all our guest bloggers who filled in so beautifully and made me realize we should be featuring contributor submissions more often. As you know, I went to Cancun for an Atlantis gaycation at Club Med. So, it was me and about 700+ other ‘mos frolicking in the Mexican sun and surf. It was my first trip with Atlantis, and I have to say that I was really pleased (for the most part). Plus, I met some great guys, which guarantees the fun on a trip like this. I hope some of them sign up and say hi. Now, here are a few highlights and observations from my week:
• Take note. Reading comic books by the pool? A good way to attract cute guys. And “I have an advance copy of Blackest Night back in my room” is a surprisingly effective pick-up line.
• I’m 100% pro-Speedo. However, with the rampant recreational use of Viagra and Cialis, Speedos are having to do more work than their design allows. You don’t always have to have a semi, guys.
• About the flu: The Stand would have been much more fun if it had been set at a gay resort in Cancun. Captain Trips drink specials and end-of-the-world T-dances make for a festive apocalypse.
• I am as pale as Edward Cullen in Twilight, though I don’t glitter in the sun (and I have much better dialogue). I tend to burst into flames like a normal, non-dreamy vampire. Luckily, I managed to survive the week with only a couple of patches of roasted flesh. Bleah.
• Most embarrassing part of the week: I fell in love with the gayest blended drink at the bar. A mix of strawberry daiquiri and piña colada regrettably called the “Miami Vice.” In fact, it was so embarrassing that I just ordered three or four at a time, so I wouldn’t have to say the name more than once an hour.
Now, it’s back to work. I have a lot of updates for the site, so I’ll get busy on that. Thanks for not burning the place down while I was gone!