Hopefully, you know me well enough by now to realize that nothing in Heaven, on Earth, or on Mount Olympus is going to keep me from spending $150 for Sam Worthington in a little skirt. Action figure sculpting and technology have come a long way, baby. Why, back in my day, a toy company would hand you a slab of white plastic with a daub of yellow paint on top and call it Luke Skywalker. It was barbaric, but you were grateful. Now, my friends, now we have highly detailed, highly pose-able and highly hot 1/6-scale action figures that, frankly, have at least 10 more points of articulation than I have. This 12-inch demi-god is from Sideshow Collectibles and Hot Toys (how appropriate), celebrating Sam’s portrayal of Perseus in the new Clash of the Titans movie. Let’s take a look at his special features, shall we?
• Over 30 points of articulation
• Authentic, hand-painted likeness of Sam Worthington as Perseus
• Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles and skin texture; realistic hair sculpture; movie-accurate scar on neck
• TrueType body with muscular arms and newly developed rubber legs showing detailed muscular lines and texture
• Two pairs of interchangeable palms, including one pair of open palms and one pair of relaxed palms
• Armor: Metallic chest armor; metallic arm armors; gladiator sandals; metallic shin armors
• Clothing: Faux flannelette under-tee; faux leather under-skirt with belt
• Accessories: Metallic sword and shield; newly sculpted Medusa’s head; faux leather bag
• Extendable figure stand
I don’t know about you, but I could read about “muscular lines and texture” and “relaxed palms” all day. But what really excites me about placing Perseus on my shelf between He-Man and Nightwing is the “movie-accurate facial expression.” I love Sam, and I enjoyed Clash very much, but that frozen facial expression is indeed pretty “movie-accurate.” I can’t argue with that.
All 12 inches of Perseus are available for pre-order at Action Figure Express.